Coral Springs Aquatic Complex
12441 Royal Palm Boulevard
Coral Springs, FL 33065
Pompano Beach Aquatics Center
820 NE 18th Ave
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
- Coed 10 & Under
- Coed 12 & Under
- Coed 14 & Under
- Boys 16 & Under
- Girls 16 & Under
- Boys 18 & Under
- Girls 18 & Under
- Men Open
- Women Open
- Women Masters 30+
- Women Masters 40+
- Men Masters 30+
- Men Masters 40+
Schedules will be available here by June 19, 2017. Coaches can call Dan Hayes at (407) 375-0235 if schedules have not been received by that time. Teams must be prepared to have a representative at the mandatory coaches meeting the morning of Friday, June 23.Tournament Info & Schedule Link
- Entry fee is $500 per team.
- Entry fee is for Coed 10 & Under is $250
- Entry fee for Coed 12 & Under and Coed 14 & Under divisions is $400 per team.
- Entries must be received by June 9, 2017 or register online at www.sunshinestategames.com by June 11, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- Entry fees include an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt for 15 athletes and two coaches. NO refunds.
- Each team must submit a Team Entry Form or register online at www.sunshinestategames.com. The Team Entry Form must contain minimum team information, coaches’ contact information as well as team age and gender divisions.
- A player who does not have a team competing in the tournament may be placed on a team. Please call Dan Hayes at (407) 375-0235 for more information.
- All teams and players must be registered with United States Water Polo Southeast Zone. International teams shall submit a letter from their Federation allowing them to compete, and must register with the USAWP Southeast Zone.
- An official team roster is available online at www.usawaterpolo.org. Teams must submit an official team roster with USWP athlete #’s and proof of athlete USWP registration, proof of USWP team membership and a Waiver of Liability for each player at the coaches meeting Friday morning or email them to email@example.com by Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
- Entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Entries may be limited by division and divisions may be combined.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting www.sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 1-866-FL-GAMES (866-354-2637).
- There will be NO deck registrations ALLOWED. Coaches shall take care of USWP registrations prior to the tournament and shall provide proof of USWP registration with all roster additions. Proof of USWP registration includes USWP roster printout or membership printout. No roster revisions allowed after coaches meeting.
- Teams must be prepared to have a representative at the mandatory coaches meeting the morning of Friday, June 23. Coaches must have all USAWP certified rosters and waivers for all players. Teams not having submitted their USAWP certified rosters and waivers for all players at the mandatory coaches meeting will forfeit their first game. Subsequent games shall be forfeited until USAWP certified rosters and waivers for all players are received.
- USAWP Florida State Championship (Florida Division): A team trophy and Gold and Silver medals will be presented to the first and second place team in each age division. The third place team in each age division will receive only a Bronze medal.
- Southeast Zone Championship (Overall) : A team trophy and Gold medals will be presented to the first place teams in each age division. Silver and Bronze medals will be presented to the second and third place teams in each age division. These awards will only be presented if out of state Southeast Zone teams place in a division.
- Each team is guaranteed four scheduled games.
- Bracket size will determine format.
- Females may play with Men’s and Boy’s teams (assuming age eligibility) from their club, as long as their club does not enter a female team in the same age group.
- Masters players can play in as many age divisions as they wish (assuming age eligibility) but only for up to 2 clubs, provided that they may only compete for 2 clubs if neither of the clubs has entered a team in the gender/age group, for which the athlete competes for the other club.
- United States Water Polo / Fina Rules, with the following exceptions
- Six-minute quarters.
- Brutality is a tournament exclusion.
- Red Card includes the following game.
- Seeding and tiebreaker rules will be provided with final game schedule.
- Final rosters must be submitted at the mandatory coaches meeting. No changes will be premitted after the start of the first game. Roster shall be verified with USAWP printed roster.
- Players shall wear the same cap numbers for the entire tournament.
- Players shall be Florida residents for 30 days prior to competition to be eligible to compete on a Florida team.
- All clubs must be registered with USAWP Membership as part of the Southeast zone.