Ballpark of the Palm Beaches
5444 Haverhill Rd
West Palm, Florida
- Men Open
- Youth Open
Teams should be prepared to play games on Saturday morning, June 17. All team captains should be prepared to attend the mandatory captain’s meeting on Saturday morning, June 17.
In case of inclement weather, all teams should check-in at scheduled facilities. Games will continue rain or shine, unless there is lightning.
- Entry fee is $250 per team if registered by May 7th
- Entry fee is $275 per team if registered by May 28th
- Entry fee is $300 per team if space is available after May 28th
- Entry fee for Youth Open division is $150 per team.
- Entry fee includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt for athletes and a players’ party at a location to be determined. NO refunds. (Registration includes a Saturday night exhibition game: TBD, including snacks and drinks at the fields.)
- Each team must submit a Team Entry Form received by May 26, 2017 or register online at www.sunshinestategames.com by May 28, 2017. Deadline extended to June 11, 2017.
- An official team roster is available online at www.sunshinestategames.com. Teams must submit an official team roster and a Waiver of Liability for each player by Tuesday, June 13, 2016. Blank waivers will not be available at the fields.
- Entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Teams will be limited, so register early. When registration closes, a waiting list will be kept in case of withdrawals.
- Late entries may be accepted on a space available basis at Tournament Directors discretion.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting www.sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 1-866-FL-GAMES (354-2637).
- A separate youth division (open only) will be created if at least six (6) teams comprising of players ages 18 and younger register.
- The event will use the current edition of USAU rules (including Spirit of the Game)
- Gender ratios for mixed division games set at ¾ or 4/3 (Offense decides)
- In each division, Saturday pool play will determine Sunday bracket play.
- All teams are guaranteed play on Saturday and Sunday.
- All fields will be lined.
- A team trophy and Gold medals will be awarded to the overall champions in each division, up to 21 players and a Florida-specific trophy and medals, up to 21 players, will be awarded to the top Florida team in each division.
- Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the second and third place teams in each division, up to 21 players.
- A trophy will be awarded to the team that best exemplifies the “Spirit of the Game”. Individual prizes will be awarded to the players of the team awarded Spirit of the Game, up to 21 players.
- There will be an exhibition game on Saturday night at the fields. The theme will be announced on Facebook at “Ultimate-Sunshine State Games” prior to the tournament. Once the theme is announced, captains will recruit players. The winning team will receive a trophy.
- A trophy will be awarded to the winner of the layout competition.
- The tournament will be conducted in accordance with USA Ultimate’s rules of competition.
- Age is determined by June 13, 2017.
- Rosters are limited to 21 players (for t-shirt and prize purposes only).
- Each team shall provide its own game disc.
- All teams are expected to play out their schedule on both Saturday and Sunday. Failure to appear for a scheduled game may jeopardize your team’s members’ future entry in the tournament.
- Spirit of the Game expected; cheers highly encouraged.