Sarasota Military Academy
801 North Orange Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34236
3:00 p.m. Early Check-in/Registration/Open Training
8:30 a.m. Check-In/Registration: will continue as shooters arrive 30-60 minutes prior to their shooting relay. During registration, coaches are briefed and coaches/shooters are briefed again after entering the range.
10:00 a.m. Air Rifle Competition Start
10:00 a.m. Relay 1
12:00 p.m. Relay 2
2:00 p.m. Relay 3
4:30 p.m. Finals
5:30 p.m. Awards
- Pre-registration entry fee is $15 and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt. Pre-registration entries must be received by October 17, 2016 or register online by October 20, 2016. NO refunds.
- Make checks payable to Florida Sports Foundation (FSF).
- Registration is limited to 90 competitors.
- On-site registration will be available if competition field is not full by online registration deadline. On-site registration entry fee will be $25.
- Sporter Rifles: as set by CMP and NRA shooting rules in effect for the respective matches
- Precision Rifles: as set by CMP and NRA shooting rules in effect for the respective matches
- Ammo: .177 competition flat nose pellets
- Athletes must supply their own firearms, ammunition, eye and ear protection.
- Classification Divisions – Male and Female
- Junior- Rookie Age 14 & Under
- Junior- Intermediate Age 15 to 17
- Junior Age 18 to 20
- Open-1 Age 21 to 30
- Open-2 Age 31 to 40
- Open-3 Age 41 to 50
- Senior Age 51 to 60
- Senior- Intermediate Age 61 to 70
- Senior -Veteran Age 71+
Course of Fire
- 10 Shots Prone, 20 Shots Standing, 10 Shots Kneeling
- Orion targets and scoring system will be used for the match.
- Ties broken by 2012-2014 National Standard Three-Position Air Rifle Rules, 9th Edition (inner 10’s, rule 8.6).
Match 1 Prone:
Ten (10) Shots Prone position
Match 2 Standing
Twenty (20) Shots Standing
Match 3 Kneeling
Ten (10) Shots Kneeling
Match 4 3-Positon
Match 1 + 1st Stage of Match 2 + Match 3
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded High Overall, Second and Third Place both male and female.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded Junior, Open and Senior High Overall, Second and Third Place both male and female.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to all Junior, Open and Senior Divisions First, Second and Third Place both male and female.
- These are non-registered events
- Match Director will make rule decisions as needed.
- Most CMP shooting rules will apply.
- Competitors will handle and replace their own targets
- Eye and ear protection are required while shooting.
- Empty Chamber Indicators will be required.