Sarasota Military Academy
801 North Orange Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34236
3:00 p.m. Early Check-in/Registration/Open Training
8:30 a.m. Check-In/Registration: will continue as shooters arrive 30-60 minutes prior to their shooting relay. During registration, coaches are briefed and coaches/shooters are briefed again after entering the range.
9:00 a.m. Air Rifle Competition Start
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Relay 1
12:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Relay 2
3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Relay 3
6:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony
- Pre-registration entry fee is $15 and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt. Pre-registration entries must be received by October 15, 2017 or register online by October 19, 2017. NO refunds.
- Make checks payable to Florida Sports Foundation (FSF).
- Registration is limited to 90 competitors.
- On-site registration will be available if competition field is not full by online registration deadline. On-site registration entry fee will be $25.
- Sporter and Precision Air Rifles: as set by CMP National Standard 3-Position Air Rifle rules and USA Shooting/ISSF.
- Ammo: .177 competition flat nose pellets
- Athletes must supply their own firearms, ammunition, eye and ear protection.
- Classification Divisions – Male and Female
- Junior- Rookie Age 14 & Under
- Junior- Intermediate Age 15 to 17
- Junior Age 18 to 20
- Open-1 Age 21 to 30
- Open-2 Age 31 to 40
- Open-3 Age 41 to 50
- Senior Age 51 to 60
- Senior- Intermediate Age 61 to 70
- Senior -Veteran Age 71+
Course of Fire
- 60 Shots Standing, 10 Shots Kneeling
- Orion targets and scoring system will be used for the match.
- Decimal scoring will be used to reduce number of ties.
- Ties broken by 2014-2016 National Standard Three-Position Air Rifle Rules, 10th Edition (inner 10’s, rule 8.6).
Match 1 Total Score:
Match 2+Match 3
Match 2 Standing
Sixty (60) Shots Standing
Match 3 Kneeling
Ten (10) Shots Kneeling
- Individual Plaque for individual 1st place Sporter Male and Sporter Female High Score.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place Match 1 (Total of 70 Shots) for both male and female Junior/Open/Senior.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place Match 2 (60 Shots Standing) for both male and female Junior/Open/Senior.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place Match 3 (10 Shots Kneeling) for both male and female Junior/Open/Senior.
- Precision awards are reduced due to fewer competitors. Precision awards will be individual 1st Place Precision Plaque in the Precision Class and Gold, Silver, and Bronze for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place for both Match 1 and Match 3.
- These are non-registered events
- Match Director will make rule decisions as needed.
- CMP and USA shooting rules will apply.
- http://www.odcmp.com/3P/Rules.pdf and http://www.usashooting.org/7-events/usarules.
- Range Personnel will post targets and competitors will check their targets prior to start of their relay.
- Empty Chamber Indicators will be required.