G.T. Bray Recreation Center
5502 33rd Ave DR W
Bradenton, Florida 34209
- Boy’s U14
- Boy’s U16
- Girl’s U16
- Boy’s High School
- Girl’s High School
- Men Open
- Women Open
Saturday, May 19, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Teams Check-in
10:00 a.m. – Mandatory Coaches Meeting
10:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Competition
- The number of teams in each division will determine the format of pool play.
- The State Director reserves the right to change tournament format based upon participation or inclement weather.
- All pool play matches will consist of two, seven-minute halves with one-minute halftimes.
- All championship matches will consist of two, ten-minute halves with three-minute halftimes.
- A team trophy and Gold medals will be awarded to the champions in each division.
- Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the second and third place teams.
- The tournament will be conducted in accordance with IRB and USARFU laws including limited substitutions and sin-binning.
- All decisions of the Division Director or State Director are final.
- Players participating in the U14 division must be under age 14 by September 1, 2017.
- Players participating in the U 16 division must be under age 16 by September 1, 2017.
- High School division is open to players that were students in a Florida high school for the 2016 – 2017 school year. Also must be under the age 19 by September 1, 2017.
- Open divisions are open to players age 18 and over or with a valid USA Rugby age wavier.
- Rosters are limited to twelve players.
- Any roster disputes will be settled by the division director.
- NO alcoholic beverages are permitted. Any alcoholic beverage brought onto the facility will be confiscated and teams may be ejected from the tournament.
A team trophy and Gold medals will be awarded to the champions in each High School and Adult divisions. Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the second and fifth place finishers in each High School and Adult divisions.
- Entry fee is $100 per team for U14 & U16 divisions and includes an Official Sunshine State Games t-shirt for athletes and one coach. NO refunds.
- Entry fee is $100 per team for High School divisions and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt for athletes and one coach. NO refunds.
- Entry fee is $200 per team for Open divisions and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt for athletes and one coach. NO refunds.
- Each team must submit a Team Entry Form received by May 5, 2017 or register online at www.sunshinestategames.com by May 7, 2017. Rosters and waivers are not to be submitted at this time.
- An official team roster is available below. Teams must submit an official team roster and a Waiver of Liability for each player at the mandatory coaches meeting or at Mandatory check in.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting www.sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 866-FL-GAMES (866-354-2637).
- All players must be Florida residents who have lived in the state for at least 30 days prior to the date of competition.
- Out-of-state college students who attend a Florida school are eligible to compete with a valid college ID.
- It is the responsibility of the contestant to provide proper proof of residency upon request. A valid Florida state or college ID will serve as proof of residency.
- All players must be CIPP registered for 2016.