Palm Beach County Convention Center
650 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Bench Press – Youth 10-11
Bench Press – Youth (12-13)
Bench Press – Teen (14-15)
Bench Press – Teen (16-17)
Bench Press – Teen (18-19)
Bench Press – Florida H.S. Varsity State Championship
Bench Press – Junior (20-23)
Bench Press – Collegiate
Bench Press – Open
Bench Press – Master I (40-49)
Bench Press – Master I (50-59)
Bench Press – Master I (60-69)
Bench Press – Master I (70+)
Bench Press – Police/Fire/Military
Bench Press/Deadlift – Youth (10-11)
Bench Press/Deadlift – Youth (12-13)
Bench Press/Deadlift – Teen (14-15)
Bench Press/Deadlift – Teen (16-17)
Bench Press/Deadlift – Teen (18-19)
Bench Press/Deadlift – Florida H.S. Varsity State Championship
Bench Press/Deadlift – Junior (20-23)
Bench Press/Deadlift – Collegiate
Bench Press/Deadlift – Open
Bench Press/Deadlift – Master I (40-49)
Bench Press/Deadlift – Master I (50-59)
Bench Press/Deadlift – Master I (60-69)
Bench Press/Deadlift – Master I (70+)
Bench Press/Deadlift – Police/Fire/Military
Powerlifting – Youth (10-11)
Powerlifting – Youth (12-13)
Powerlifting – Teen (14-15)
Powerlifting – Teen (16-17)
Powerlifting – Teen (18-19)
Powerlifting – Florida H.S. Varsity State Championship
Powerlifting – Junior (20-23)
Powerlifting – Collegiate
Powerlifting – Open
Powerlifting – Master I (40-49)
Powerlifting – Master I (50-59)
Powerlifting – Master I (60-69)
Powerlifting – Master I (70+)
Powerlifting – Police/Fire/Military
6:15 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. – Registration and equipment check for all lifters
7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Weigh-in
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Technical rules briefing and lifter warm-up
9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Competition
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Awards Presentation
6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Anti-doping protocol
- Entry fee is $40 for Bench Press contest, $45 for the combined Bench Press and Deadlift contest, and $50 for Powerlifting contest. There will be a charge of $20.00 for each additional division. Each entry includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed at the competition during check-in. There are NO refunds or credits for any reason.
- Each applicant must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability or register online at www.sunshinestategames.com.
- A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at www.sunshinestategames.com, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- All entries must be received by May 22, 2016 or you may register online at www.sunshinestategames.com by May 24, 2016.
- A USA Powerlifting Membership is required to participate in this championship. Each athlete must register online in advance of the competition. The cost of the USAPL membership will be $45.00. High School memberships are $35.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting www.sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 1-866-FL-GAMES (354-2637).
- Athletes must provide their anticipated weight on their Individual Entry Form in the section labeled “Weight”.
- Proof of age will be required at weigh-in (birth certificate w/ picture I.D., Driver’s License or State I.D.).
- If qualified, athletes may compete in multiple categories/divisions.
- This is a drug-tested championship — 10% of the athletes will be tested by urinalysis.
Each division will be divided into weight classes as follows:
116.75lbs/53.00kgs (Teen/Junior lifters only), 130lbs/59.00kgs, 145.5lbs/66.00kgs, 163lbs/74.00kgs, 182.75lbs/83.00kgs, 205lbs/93.00kgs, 231.25lbs/105.00kgs, 264.5lbs/120.00kgs, 264.5lbs+/120.00kgs+
94.75lbs/43.00kgs(Teen/Junior lifters only), 103.5lbs/47.00kgs, 114.5lbs/52.00kgs, 125.5lbs/57.00kgs, 138.75lbs/63.00kgs, 158.5lbs/72.00kgs, 185lbs/84.00kgs, 185lbs+/84.00+kgs
Powerlifting includes [Squat, Bench Press and Deadlift for Total]
Raw/Unequipped Lifting is defined as: Non-supportive singlet, wrist-wraps, belt, and Neoprene knee sleeves only. Knee Wraps are not allowed to be used for Raw/Unequipped lifting.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three places in each weight class and division.
A special Champion of Champions award will be presented to the best overall male and female lifter in the Bench press, Combined Bench Press/Deadlift for Total and Powerlifting competitions. The overall best lifters will be calculated by the IPF Wilks formula.
Trophies will be presented to the top three overall teams.
All athletes are eligible for both USA Powerlifting – Florida State Records and USA Powerlifting American Records.
This competition will be sanctioned by USA Powerlifting (USAPL), and will be held in accordance to all USA Powerlifting technical rules and regulations. Important to note, USA Powerlifting is the official governing body for the sport of powerlifting in the United States. These rules can be found online at: