Ft. Hamer Rowing Facility
1605 Ft. Hamer Road
Parrish, Florida 34219
Marathon Events (See boat classes for specific boat classifications)
- Marathon Junior (17 and Under)
- Marathon Open
- Marathon Mixed Open
- Marathon Master (40+)
- Marathon Senior (50+)
- Marathon Veteran (60+)
- Entry fee is $35 and includes a Sunshine State Games t-shirt. Athletes may compete in as many events as they would like. NO refunds.
- All Sunshine State Games forms must be received by May 15, 2017 or register online at www.sunshinestategames.com by May 18, 2017.
- Each applicant must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability or register online at www.sunshinestategames.com.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting www.sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 1-866-FL-GAMES (354-2637).
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Marathon racing begins
Boat Classes – Marathon
- Marathon C-1
- Marathon C-2
- Marathon Outrigger C-1
- Marathon Open Kayak
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each division.
- This competition will be conducted in accordance with United States Canoe Association and United States Canoe & Kayak Federation rules for competition.
- Recreation: Recreation and novice paddlers, recreation canoes only: NO braces or bent shaft paddles allowed.
- Standard: Experienced recreation paddler, recreation and standard canoes, foot braces/bent shaft paddles allowed.
- Competition: Experienced paddlers, competition canoes, foot braces/bent shaft paddles