Palm Beach County Convention Center
650 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Kata Beginner (1 year or less of training)
- Kata Novice (1-2 years of training)
- Kata Intermediate (2-3 years of training)
- Kata Advanced (more than 3 years training)
- Kumite Beginner (1 year or less of training)
- Kumite Novice (1-2 years of training)
- Kumite Intermediate (2-3 years of training)
- Kumite Advanced (more than 3 years training)
9:45 a.m. – Staging Times
Morning staging times will be emailed to all competitors prior to competition on Thursday, June 16th. The first Kata Divisions will report directly to their rings at 9:45 a.m. sharp.
10:00 a.m. – Tournament Begins
All Kata Divisions followed by all Kumite Divisions
All athletes are responsible to be at the commencement of the tournament and remain until their divisions are called. Athletes that do not show up to staging when called will be disqualified.
- Pre-registration entry fee is $40 per participant for one division, $50 for two divisions (ex. Kata and Kumite would be $50), and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt. All pre-registration entries must be received by May 26, 2017 or register online by May 28, 2017. All registrations are final. There will be no refunds for any reason.
- Late registration fee is $50 per participant for one division, $60 for two divisions. Late registrants are not guaranteed a t-shirt, so register early! All late registration entries must be made online only by June 14, 2017 at 11:59 pm. NO refunds.
- No entries will be accepted on-site.
- Applicants may enter in both events.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration online or calling toll-free 1-866-FL-GAMES (354-2637).
- Each applicant must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability or register online.
- Indicate weight in section labeled “Weight” on entry form.
- Indicate belt color in section labeled “Rating/Rank/Class/Belt” on entry form.
- Brown belts must register as either intermediate or advanced. Black belts must register as advanced.
- Age Divisions for Kata and Kumite will be: 5 years and Under; 6-7 years; 8-9 years; 10-11 years; 12-13 years; 14-15 years; 16-17 years; 18-34 and 35 and older.
- The tournament officials reserve the right to combine divisions if there are less than five participants in any division.
- Boys and Girls divisions will be separate for Kumite, but divisions will be combined for Kata except for 14-34 year old advanced divisions.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each division.
- This competition will be conducted in accordance to Florida Sport Karate League rules. The FSKL uses modified rules from the USA National Karate-Do Federation and World Karate Federation. The US Olympic Committee and International Olympic Committee recognize these two organizations as the only governing bodies for sport karate
- This competition will be officiated under the direction of trained and licensed referees and judges applying USA-NKF and WKF rules fairly and impartially.
- No disrespect or unsportsmanlike conduct will be tolerated from any participant or observer. Anyone acting in a manner contrary to the spirit of Karate-Do will be disqualified from the tournament. This includes athletes and spectators.
- Katas must be traditional. Moves that do not conform to traditional standards (i.e. flips, excessive breathing and yelling) will disqualify the competitor. Kata will be judged with flags. Athletes will perform their Kata next to one another and the competitor that receives the majority of votes will move onto the next round. Beginner and Novice Kata competitors may not perform “advanced” level katas. Those that do will be disqualified. Katas must be equivalent with one’s experience level. Intermediate and Advanced Kata competitors may perform any kata.
- Individuals that will be sparring must bring their own mouthpiece and inside groin protector (males only). This will be checked in staging. Any competitor that does not have a mouthpiece or groin protector (males only) will not be allowed to spar. Only WKF style red and blue sparring gloves will be allowed in the rings. These gloves will be provided in the ring for those competitors that do not have their own gloves. Children 9 and under must wear white foam headgear (also provided). Only WKF approved red and blue shin guards or USANKF white shin guards are permitted. Shin guards are optional.
- All participants must wear an all white karate uniform. Only one school patch is allowed on the left chest and must be no larger than 3 inches in diameter.