Palm Beach County Convention Center
650 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Female Cadet (Born 2000 – 2002)
Female Junior (Born 1997 – 2002)
Female Senior (Age 17 and older)
Male Cadet (Born 2000 – 2002)
Male Junior (Born 1997 – 2002)
Male Senior (Age 17 and older)
Click here for information on Individual Judo competition information.
Only coaches with current Governing Body (USA Judo, United States Judo Association or United States Judo Federation) issued credentials will be permitted access to the staging and competition areas. Coaches that do not bring their issued credentials will be required to purchase a tournament coaches pass for $20 during Friday night registration and weigh-in. Coaches that do not have proper credentials on Saturday may purchase a late tournament coaches pass for $40 at the discretion of the tournament director. NO COACHING will be allowed within the staging area. It will be the coaches’ responsibility to use the designated chair located on the opposite side of the staging area, if needed. Please contact the Florida Sports Foundation with any questions.
Saturday, June 17
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 18
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Team Shiai Competition
- Pre-registration entry fee is $200 per team and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt. Pre-registration entries must be received by May 26, 2017 or register online by May 28, 2017. NO refunds.
- Late registration entry fee is $250 per team. Late registrants are not guaranteed a t-shirt, so register early! Late entries will be accepted online only by June 14, 2017. NO refunds.
- There will be no on-site registration for Team Shiai.
- Each team must complete an Team Entry Form and Waiver of Liability or register online.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration online or calling toll-free 866-FL-GAMES (866-354-2637).
- Weight must be entered in kilograms and within 1 Kg of actual body weight.
- Men & Women competitors must provide proof of age upon request by providing a copy of birth certificate or valid state issued ID.
- All registrants must weigh-in at designated time. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- All team members must be registered members of a USA Judo, United States Judo Association or United States Judo Federation club in good standing.
- Each team will consist of 5 members, one in each weight class.
- Female Weight Classes: < 48 kg, 48/52kg, 57/63 kg, 70/78 kg, and +78kg
- Male Weight Classes: < 60 kg, 60 kg, 73/81 kg, 90/100 kg, and +100kg
- Format will be determined based upon final entries in each age division.
- If a team does not have a member in a weight class, they will forfeit that match.
- Teams must have at least 3 members in order to compete.
- Each match will last three minutes, the “Golden Score” time limit is not in affect for this event.
- A team award will be presented to the first place team in each division.
- Gold, Silver and medals will be awarded to the top finishers in each division.
- Divisions with four teams or more will have a $200 cash club prize for the first place team.
- This tournament will be conducted in accordance with International Judo Federation Rules Modified.
- No armbars (kansetsu waza) shall be allowed in any novice category.
- No Shime Waza (choking technique) in ages 6-12.
- No Kansetsu Waza (joint locking technique) in ages 6-16.
- The Event Director has the right to change the competitor’s weight division and categories as deemed necessary.
FSF Staff Contact
(727) 724-3082 ext. 264