Miramar Multi-Service Complex
6700 Miramar Pkwy
Miramar, FL 33023
9:00 a.m. – Breakfast
11:00 a.m. – Competition
9:00 a.m. – Breakfast
11:00 a.m. – Competition
- Entry fee is $20 and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt. NO refunds.
- All entries must be received by February 17, 2017. Register online at www.sunshinestategames.com.
- Each applicant must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability or register online at www.sunshinestategames.com.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting www.sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 866-FL-GAMES (866-354-2637).
- This is a Multiple Partners Tournament aka Individual, aka Random Partners, to be played over seven (7) rounds of one Set each round.
- A special system will be used whereby at all times the player ranked 1st at the start of a new round, will always partner with the player ranked 3rd to play against the player ranked 2nd partnered with the player ranked 4th on table 1. On table 2 the player ranked 5th will partner with 7th against player ranked 6th partnered with 8th, etc., etc., etc. This principle will apply for each Round except the first Round where the table assignments will be drawn by a computer program.
- The first pair to win six(6) games, wins the Set, thereby winning that Round.
- Based on each player’s accumulated score at the end of a Round, a new partner will likely qualify in the next Round for the position of the previous partner. However, it is possible that when the scores are very close, a player could be assign the same partner more than once, all as a result of the computer program.
- Win or lose, all players will compete in each of the seven (7) rounds.
- At the end of the seventh round, the player with the highest accumulated score wins the Tournament.
- Medals will be awarded to the top three players and a ribbon to fourth place.
- Prizes totaling $2,500 will be awarded to the top 10% and will be defined at the close of registration.
- Each Round will begin and end promptly as scheduled. For late arrivals, penalty games will be added to each violator’s accumulated score as follows:
1 minute – 1 game
5 minutes – 2 games
6 minutes – The individual violator only forfeits with a 0/6 loss recorded
- “Rotation of pose” format will apply. At the beginning of a Round, the dominoes will be shuffled, face down. Before sitting, each player will blindly draw a single domino, and whoever draws the highest card will be the 1st poser. THERE ARE NO TIES AT THIS STAGE: 6/1 BEATS 4/3, 5/2 BEATS 4/3, 3/1 BEATS 2/2, ETC. Play will proceed anti-clockwise. “Rotation of pose” will continue in all other games.
- There will be no drinking, nor use of cellular phones during the play. Violators will be warned first for time wasting, then be penalized one game if repeated. Absolutely no smoking allowed in the room.
- At his/her turn to play, each player may only move his/her hand towards, a single domino in the holder. Once indicated, that domino must be played. No changes which could construe many different “things”.
- Doubles must be posed horizontally in the center of the table, Non-doubles must be posed adjacently with the larger side to the partner. After each play is made, the space from which the domino to played was removed must remain open. The remaining un-played dominoes may not be touched.
- There are NO ONE-AWAYS in this format. The player who violates loses 1 game, but his partner does not. The opponents do not earn a game from a violation, but do have the option to continue that game, or abandon it. If abandoned, the next player in line will pose any domino. Not the last poser, not double six. The rotation must continue, regardless.
- At 1-all (that is one hand/game won by each Multiple Partner team) the set will continue. No restarts.
- In the event of a Blocked hand/game, the player with the lowest count wins that game for him and his partner. We are scoring by hands won. Combined count is not applicable.
- If the lowest individual score on one side is tied with that of an opponent, the following hand/game will be played for a 2 games win….except when one pair already has 5 games won….then the tie-breaker must be played for 1 game only.
- The next player in the “Rotation of pose” sequence must pose any domino, to start this and every Derby/Tiebreaker. If there are consecutive Derby hands/games, the team which ﬁnally wins after these Tie-breakers will still win 2 games only, and 1 only where 5 games were already won.
- THE JUDGES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL!