The Long Center
1501 N. Belcher Rd
Clearwater, FL 33765
Schedules will be available here by November 27, 2017 or can be obtained by calling toll-free 866-FLGAMES. All teams should be prepared to play Saturday and Sunday, but every reasonable effort will be made to finish each division in one of the days. There will be a mandatory captains meeting the morning of competition. All teams should be prepared to play starting at 9 a.m. or earlier depending on number of teams.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification is necessary
- Team entry fee is $170 per team per division, and includes an event t-shirt for each player / coach on the roster. T-shirts for all team players and coaches must be picked up by a team representative at the Mandatory Captains Meeting.
- A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found with the entry forms below, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- Registration will begin July 2017. All entries must be received by November 17, 2017 or register online by November 19, 2017. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 19, 2017 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $50 late fee.
- Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and register online!
- Team waiver forms are not due until the Mandatory Captains Meeting. All team captains must submit a team waiver form signed by all players / coaches on the roster.
- Team coach/manager completes and submits the team entry application.
- Teams must be all one gender.
- Team roster shall be limited to 15 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
- All registration and team rules apply to non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel. See Rule F for exceptions for non-playing personnel.
- 5. Athletes may compete with up to two teams per sport providing that the teams are in different age divisions and are scheduled to play at different times.
- Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member.
- If numbers are conducive, teams will be divided into pools within their age divisions. Within each pool a single round-robin tournament will be played. At the conclusion of the round-robin tournament or play, winners will advance and play a single-elimination tournament. If pools are equal, the top two teams will advance to a single elimination tournament. If entries are not conducive, a double-elimination tournament will be played within the age division.
- Net height will be in accordance with USA Volleyball rules.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida teams. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall teams if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Volleyball (USAV) rules, except as modified herein.
- Team clothing should be of like design and color. The player’s jerseys must be numbered in a permanent manner from 1 to 99 using Arabic numerals. Duplicate numbers are not allowed. The numbers must be placed on the jersey at the center of the front and of the back. Minimum 4 inches on the chest and minimum 6 inches on the back. Sponsors may be added to the jersey but cannot interfere with number placement. Uniforms shall be free of inappropriate symbols or wording.
- A team must have at least five players present to start a game; otherwise, the game is forfeited. Teams will be allowed a five-minute grace period to assemble a minimum of five players. The sixth player may enter upon arrival. In the event of injury, a team may continue/finish with a minimum of four players on the floor.
Teams competing with only five players shall always have three players on the front row. No service rotation penalty shall be assessed for not having six players.
- To win the match, a team must win two out of three games.
- In round robin play, USA Volleyball rules governing tie-breakers will be used.
- Two Liberos are permitted and may be changed from set to set and not have to be designated for their match.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
2017 is not a qualifying year for the National Senior Games.
FSF Staff Contact
Registration and Forms
Whether you need to fill that last position for the season or are looking to become part of a winning crew, the Florida Sports Foundation makes it easy to find or assemble your dream team. Click below to get involved and get the ball rolling.
Note: if you are searching for a partner for sports played in doubles, simply add your player profile or look through previously added profiles—do not add a team.Find a Team Add Your Team
Find Player or Partner Add Player Seeking Team or Partner