Clearwater High School
540 S Hercules Ave
Clearwater, FL 33764
4 x 100-meter relay – No pre-registration
Note: 1500m Race Walk can be found on the Power Walk / Race Walk page.
Saturday, December 9 – Field Events
Athlete Check-in Open: 7:30 a.m.
Implement Weigh-in: 7:30 a.m.
Long Jump and Shot Put: 8:00 a.m.
High Jump: 10:00 a.m.
Javelin: 12:00 p.m.
Discus and Triple Jump: 1:00 p.m.
Pole Vault: 2:00 p.m.
*All athletes must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to their event. The gender and age group grouping order will be determined upon final registration. Be sure to check which age groups and gender go first and what the following order will be.
Sunday, December 10 – Running Events
Athlete Check-in Open: 8:30 a.m.
1500-meter Race Walk: 9:15 a.m.
50-meter: 9:45 a.m.
800-meter: 10:15 a.m.
100-meter: 10:45 a.m.
400-meter: 11:30 a.m.
1500-meter: 12:15 p.m.
On-site Registration for relays closes: 12:15 p.m.
200-meter: 1:00 p.m.
Relays to follow immediately after the 200.
*Estimated Time Schedule. All athletes must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to their event. Start times are estimated and events will be contested as a rolling schedule.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
Top 5 in each age group at a Series Qualifier site. Participants that qualify in one Track & Field event are eligible for all Track & Field events. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to Florida resident divisions).
- Track & Field entry fee is $20 for the first event and $8 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $25 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times.
- A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found with the entry forms below, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- The 4 x 100 relay is open to all athletes registered for track & field and is not subject to additional entry fees. Relay teams may only register on-site by designated time above on Sunday. Relay registration requires all four names and ages listed on a slip of paper obtained from and turned into the clerk no later than the time listed above. Relay age grouping will be determined by the youngest runners age. No co-ed relays.
- The 1500m Race Walk does not require qualification. Refer to the Race Walking section of this booklet and make yourself aware of the Race Walk rules prior to registering for this event. Competitors are to bring their numbers from Saturday’s race to Sunday’s race.
- Registration will begin July 2017. All entries must be received by November 17, 2017 or register online by November 19, 2017. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 19, 2017 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
- Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and register online!
- All track contestants must provide their qualifying time or distance in the section labeled “Other” on the individual entry form. Entries will not be processed without a qualifying time or distance for each track event. For athletes who have not qualified, please list your best performance this year.
- Runners may use running flats or 1/8” spikes. All track and field event athletes must wear shoes.
- All footwear and apparel must be provided by the athlete and must comply with USATF Rule 143. All athletes must wear some type of shirt at all times.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm they are registered for the correct events online or by calling 866-FLGAMES.
- All Track events are timed finals.
- Certified implements will be provided for all events and age groups. In addition, athletes shall be permitted to use their own implements, provided they have been certified by the weigh-in official. Athlete’s must check-in their implements at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their competition. Athletes who wish to use their own implements shall agree to all certification procedures including but not limited to, marking, impounding, etc.
- Athletes entered in two events scheduled for the same time must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to the designated start time for both events. Every effort will be made to accommodate athletes with conflicting schedules, however, it is the responsibility of the athlete to make officials aware of any conflicts within a reasonable period of time.
- All Track events will be held on a 8-lane synthetic surface.
- Athletes will have 30 minutes to warm up prior to the start of a field event up to 15 minutes of the start when only the upcoming flight may warm up. There will be 15 minutes of warm up between age group or gender flights in field events only.
- All running athletes must check into the clerk 30 minutes prior to running or possibly be scratched from the event.
- For all horizontal jump and throwing events, athletes will only be allowed three attempts.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- This meet will be conducted in accordance with USA Track & Field (USATF) rules, except as modified herein.
- Following are the weights of the various implements to be used for each gender and age category:
Discus: M50+/1.5kg; M60+/1.0kg; W50+ 1.0 kg; W75+/.75kg
Javelin: M50+/700g; M60+/600g; M70+/500g; M80+/400g; W50+/500g; W75+/400g
Shotput: M50+/6kg; M60+/5kg; M70+/4kg; M80+/3kg; W50+/3kg, W75+/2kg
- 4 x 100-meter relay team age divisions will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31 of the competition year.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
2017 is not a qualifying year for the National Senior Games.
FSF Staff Contact
(727) 724-3082 ext. 256