Eddie C. Moore Softball Complex
3050 Drew Street
Schedules will be available on August 9, 2016 and will be posted online. Team Captains may call the Florida Senior Games toll free at 866-FLGAMES for their first game time. Schedules are subject to change. A final schedule will be available at the mandatory Captains Meeting. It is the responsibility of each team to have a representative present to obtain any pertinent information or changes in schedule.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
Open – no qualifying required
- Team entry fee is $225 per team per division, and includes an event t-shirt for each player / coach on the roster. T-shirts for all team players and coaches must be picked up by a team representative at the Mandatory Captains Meeting.
- Registration will begin July 2, 2016. All entries must be received by August 2, 2016 or register online by August 5, 2016 at www.flasports.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Teams registering after August 5, 2016 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $30 late fee.
- Team entry form and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and beat the deadline, registration online!
- Team waiver forms are not due until the Mandatory Captains Meeting. All team captains must submit a team waiver form signed by all players / coaches on the roster.
- Teams must be of all one gender. There are separate tournaments for each gender.
- Team rosters shall be limited to 22 players including non-playing captains, coaches and bench personnel. Changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F of the Florida Senior Games rules of competition.
- Athletes may play on up to two softball teams providing that the teams are in different age divisions and are scheduled to play at different times.
- Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member.
- It is the captain’s responsibility to declare team residency subject to Florida Senior Games approval, at the time of registration.
- If numbers are conducive, teams will be divided into pools within their age divisions. Within each pool a single round-robin tournament will be played. At the conclusion of the round robin, winners will advance and play a single-elimination tournament. If entries are not conducive, a double-elimination tournament will be played within the age division.
- Ties for seeding will be broken in the following manner:
- Overall record
- Head-to-head competition – only when all teams play each other
- Total runs allowed
- Run differential
- Total runs scored
- Coin toss
- Event Director reserves the right to modify format based on number of teams.
- COMPETITION BALLS WILL BE PROVIDED.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida teams. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall teams, if non-resident teams are in contention for medals.
- This tournament will be conducted in accordance with Senior Softball USA (SSUSA) rules, except as modified herein.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
All teams placing first through third at the 2016 Florida Senior Games shall qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games.
FSF Staff Contact
(727) 724-3082 ext. 241
Registration and Forms
Whether you need to fill that last position for the season or are looking to become part of a winning crew, the Florida Sports Foundation makes it easy to find or assemble your dream team. Click below to get involved and get the ball rolling.
Note: if you are searching for a partner for sports played in doubles, simply add your player profile or look through previously added profiles—do not add a team.Find a Team Add Your Team
Find Player or Partner Add Player Seeking Team or Partner