Clearwater Lawn Bowls and Shuffleboard Complex
1040 Calumet St
Clearwater, FL 33755
Singles Check-in: 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Singles Competition begins: 9 a.m.
Doubles Check-in: 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Doubles Competition begins: 9 a.m.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
Top 5 in each age group at a Series Qualifier site. Participants that qualify in one Shuffleboard event are eligible for all Shuffleboard events. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to the Florida resident divisions). Non-Ambulatory events do not require qualifying.
- Shuffleboard entry fee is $13 for the first event and $3 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $15 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time.
- A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found with the entry forms below, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- Registration will begin July 2016. All entries must be received by November 16, 2016 or register online by November 18, 2016. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 18, 2016 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
- Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and register online!
- Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
- Doubles partners may be mixed gender.
- The age division of competition for Doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners.
- Athletes must provide their own cues. Disks will be provided.
- If numbers are conducive, athletes will be divided into pools within their age divisions and play a round robin. If there is only one pool, the first, second and third place winners will be determined at the completion of the round robin (after any ties are broken). If there is more than one pool, the first and second place team/persons in each pool will advance to a single elimination tournament. If entries are not conducive, a double-elimination tournament will be played within the age division.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- All shuffleboard matches will be conducted in accordance with Florida Shuffleboard Association and National Shuffleboard Association rules, except as modified herein.
- For Non-Ambulatory events, the tournament director has the option of moving the foul lines closer to allow the athletes a shorter court.
- For Non-Ambulatory events, the athlete must be seated in their wheelchair or scooter for the entire duration of competition.
- Singles matches will consist of 12 frames. Players will change color after 6 frames, but not ends. In case of a tie, two frames will be played.
- Two matches will be played on one court at the same time. Opposing players will play from the same end of the court. Players will not change ends after any frame.
- Doubles matches will consist of 16 frames. Partners will play from opposite ends of the court. Each partner shall complete eight frames. Players will not switch ends at any time after the start of the match. Teams will change color after 8 frames. The team with the highest point score at the end of 16 total frames will be the winner. In case of a tie, the number of average points per game of the tied teams will determine place.
- The cue shall not have an overall length of more than 6’-3″. No metal part of the cue shall touch the playing surface.
- Each player will have four disks for practice before the start of each match.
- Players should be prepared to compete the entire day.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
- All finishers first through fourth at the 2016 Florida Senior Games will qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games.
- Athletes must qualify in each Shuffleboard event (singles, open, doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2017 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
FSF Staff Contact
(727) 724-3082 ext. 241
Registration and Forms
Whether you need to fill that last position for the season or are looking to become part of a winning crew, the Florida Sports Foundation makes it easy to find or assemble your dream team. Click below to get involved and get the ball rolling.
Note: if you are searching for a partner for sports played in doubles, simply add your player profile or look through previously added profiles—do not add a team.Find a Team Add Your Team
Find Player or Partner Add Player Seeking Team or Partner