John Chestnut Sr. Park
2200 E Lake Road S
Palm Harbor, Florida 34685
5K Road Race
4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Early Bird packet pick-up (contact the North Pinellas YMCA for location)
7:30 a.m. 5K Road Race Check-in
8:30 a.m. 5K Road Race Competition Begins
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification is necessary
- The YMCA Reindeer Run will serve as the Florida Senior Games for athletes 50 and over. All event management, including registration, will be through the YMCA. Road Race entry fee is $30.00 for early entries (before December 3) and $35 for after December 3 and race day. Athletes must register with the YMCA. Registration for this event will not be done through the Florida Sports Foundation.
- Online registration will be available at https://www.ymcasuncoast.org/locations/north-pinellas-branch for the 5K Road Race. Registration will also be accepted in person at the North Pinellas YMCA or contact email@example.com for a mail-in registration form.
- All age divisions will run simultaneously for each race.
- A USA Track & Field (USATF) certified 3.1 mile paved surface course will be used for the 5K. Split times will be provided.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- The Road Races will be conducted in accordance with USATF rules, except as modified herein.
- Race Walk and Power Walk rules and registration can be found on the Race Walk page.
- Competitors must pass through the entire finish chute to qualify as an official finisher.
- Race numbers must be worn and visible at all times.
- Note: This is an intergenerational event.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
2017 is not a qualifying year for the National Senior Games.
FSF Staff Contact
(727) 724-3082 ext. 256
Registration and Forms