John Chestnut Sr. Park - 5K
2200 E Lake Road S.
Palm Harbor, FL 34685
Clearwater High School – 1500m
540 S Hercules Ave
Clearwater, FL 33764
1500m Race Walk(USATF Rules)
5K Race Walk (USATF Rules)
5K Power Walk (FSG Rules)
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Check-in
8:30 a.m. 5K Road Race / Power Walk competition begins
5K Race Walk and Power Walk Competition begins five minutes following the start of the 5K Road Race
8:30 a.m. 1500m Race Walk check-in
9:15 a.m. 1500m Race Walk competition begins
*Athletes must check-in with the event clerk no later than 30 minutes prior to their event
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification is necessary
- Note: Prior to registering for the Race Walk, please be sure to be familiar with USATF. This event will be judged strictly in accordance with USATF rules for Race Walk.
- Walking entry fee is $20 for the first event and $5 for each additional Walking event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $25 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt (athletes competing in multiple sports will only receive one t-shirt). T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found with the entry forms below, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- Registration will begin July 2017. All entries must be received by November 17, 2017 or register online by November 19, 2017. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 19, 2017 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
- Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and register online!
- Athletes may not enter a 5K walking event and the 5K Road Race (running). Athletes must choose to either walk or run the 5K Road Race.
5K Race Walk – will be judged in accordance to USA Track & Field (USATF) rules.
- A USA Track & Field (USATF) certified 3.1 mile paved surface course will be used. Split times will
- 1500 Meter Race Walk – Timed final on the track with split times at the 400M, 800M and 1200M marks.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- The 2016 Bob Fine Excellence in Race Walking award will be presented to a Male and Female athlete at the conclusion of the 1500m Race Walk. This award is based upon performances from 2015 in the 5K and 1500m Race Walks at the Florida Senior Games.
- 5K Race Walk will be conducted in accordance with USATF rules, except as modified herein.
- Race Walk athletes must use proper Race Walking techniques or risk disqualification.
- All walking athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the athlete’s numbers for the judges
- All walking race numbers must be worn on the front and back and must be visible at all times.
- Competitors must pass through the entire finish chute to qualify as an official finisher.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
2017 is not a qualifying year for the National Senior Games.
FSF Staff Contact
(727) 724-3082 ext. 256
Event Director 1500M
Event Director 5K
YMCA North Pinellas