Raw Bench Press Only
Raw Dead Lift Only
Raw Bench Press/Deadlift for Total
Note: This will be a Raw/Unequipped Championship only. The only equipment allowed to be used is: non-supportive Wrestling singlet, Weightlifting or Powerlifting belt, wrist wraps and neoprene knee sleeves. All lifters performing the deadlift will be required to wear knee length socks. Indoor athletic shoes must be worn – sneakers or Weightlifting shoes.
7:00 a.m Registration and equipment check for all lifters
7:30 a.m. Weigh-in
8:45 a.m. Technical rules briefing
9:00 a.m. Warm up
9:30 a.m. Competition Starts
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
- Powerlifting entry fee is $40 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $45 for the first event and $15 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed at the competition during check-in time. There are NO refunds or credits for any reason.
- A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found with the entry forms below, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- Registration will begin July 2017. All entries must be received by November 17, 2017 or register online by November 19, 2017. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 19, 2017 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
- Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and register online!
- Divisions will be contested in accordance with Senior Games five-year age increments starting with 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-100+.
- Proof of age will be required at weigh-in (birth certificate w/ picture I.D., Driver’s License or State I.D.).
- Each division will be divided into weight classes as follows:
Men (lbs) – 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 220, 242, 275, & SHW
Women (lbs) – 105, 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 198+
- Each division will be divided into age groups in accordance with Florida Senior Games Rules of Competition.
- Each athlete shall be granted three (3) attempts in the bench press only competition.
- Each athlete shall be granted three (3) attempts in the deadlift only competition.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- This is competition may be drug-tested – 10% of the athletes will be tested.
- A special Champion of Champions award will be presented to the best overall male and female lifter in the Bench Press only, Deadlift Only and Combined Bench Press/Deadlift for Total and Powerlifting competitions. The overall best lifter awards will be calculated by the IPF Wilks formula.
This competition will follow all USA Powerlifting technical rules and regulations. Important to note, USA Powerlifting is the official governing body for the sport of powerlifting in the United States. These rules can be found online at: http://www.usapowerlifting.com/committees/technical
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
Powerlifting is not part of the National Senior Games program.
FSF Staff Contact