The Long Center
1501 N. Belcher Rd
Clearwater, FL 33765
North Greenwood Recreation Complex
900 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue
Clearwater, Florida 33755
Singles Check-in begins: 7:30 a.m.
Singles Competition: 8 a.m.
Mixed Doubles Check-in begins: 7:30 a.m.
Mixed Doubles Competition: 8 a.m.
Doubles Check-in begins: 7:30 a.m.
Doubles Competition: 8 a.m.
Above times are general start times for the initial start of the tournament. Start times will be available on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 online or can be obtained by calling toll-free 866-FLGAMES. Schedules are subject to change. During the days of competition, athletes must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled start time.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
Top 5 in each age group at a Series Qualifer site. Participants that qualify in one Pickleball event are eligible for all Pickleball events. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to the Florida resident divisions).
- Pickleball entry fee is $15 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for residents. Entry fee is $20 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found with the entry forms below, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- Registration will begin July 2016. All entries must be received by November 16, 2016 or register online by November 18, 2016. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 18, 2016 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
- Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and register online!
- The age division of competition for doubles and mixed doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners as of December 31 of the competition year.
Competitors must bring their own paddles. Pickleballs will be provided.
- Double elimination is planned. Event Director reserves the right to modify format based on number of tournament entries.
- Matches in the winners bracket will be best two out of three games. Games are played to 11 points, but must continue until one player or team achieves a two-point margin.
- Matches in the losers bracket will be one game to 15 points, but must continue until one player or team achieves a two-point margin.
- Teams and players will not be seeded. Brackets will be determined by a random draw.
- Any event (age class) that does not have at least two entries (teams or individuals) may be combined with another division or cancelled at the discretion of the Event Director.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Pickleball Association (USAPA)/International Federation of Pickleball (IFP) rules found online at www.usapa.org, except as modified.
- A coin flip will determine first choice of service or side. If the winner chooses to serve or receive, the loser picks starting side. If the winner chooses starting side, the loser chooses to serve or receive. Sides and initial service will be switched upon completion of each game. Sides will be switched in a third game (if the match is 2 out of 3 games) after the first team reaches a score of 6 points. Serve remains with the player holding serve.
- All questionable calls must be resolved in favor of the opponent.
- Served balls clearing the non-volley zone and landing on any service court line except the non-volley zone line are good.
- Balls in play landing on any side or back court line are good.
- All serves must be made underhand at or below the servers waist (i.e. contact with the ball must be made at or below the server’s waist). Underhand is defined as the paddle head shall be below the hand when striking the ball.
- Players will be responsible for calling their own lines up until at least the final match in each age class. Line officials may be provided for the final match in each age class at the discretion of the Event Director.
- When net systems have a horizontal bar that may include a center base: If the ball hits the horizontal bar or the center base before going over the net, it is a fault. If the ball goes over the net and then hits the horizontal bar, the ball is still in play. If the ball goes over the net and then hits center base or the ball gets caught between the net and the horizontal bar before touching the court, it is a let and must be replayed.
- All matches will be played indoors.
- Format changes are at the discretion of the Event Director.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
- All finishers placing first through fourth at the 2016 Florida Senior Games will qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games.
- Athletes must qualify in each Pickleball event (singles, doubles and mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2017 National Senior Games except where Rule E applies.
FSF Staff Contact
(727) 724-3082 ext. 241
Registration and Forms
Whether you need to fill that last position for the season or are looking to become part of a winning crew, the Florida Sports Foundation makes it easy to find or assemble your dream team. Click below to get involved and get the ball rolling.
Note: if you are searching for a partner for sports played in doubles, simply add your player profile or look through previously added profiles—do not add a team.Find a Team Add Your Team
Find Player or Partner Add Player Seeking Team or Partner