Countryside Country Club
3001 Countryside Blvd.
Clearwater, FL 33761
18 Holes – Scratch
36 Holes – Scratch
18 Holes competition and Round 1 of 36 Holes competition
Round 2 of 36 Holes competition
Practice round rates are available August 15 – December 4, 2017, for Florida Senior Games Golf participants: Monday – Friday a rate of $35 plus tax per round, and a rate of $45 plus tax per round on the weekends. Fees are 18 holes including cart and are based upon availability. Participants can make reservations by calling the Countryside Country Club directly at 727-796-1135. Please mention Florida Senior Games when making practice round reservations.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
Top 5 in each age group at a Series Qualifier site. Participants that qualify in one Golf event are eligible for all Golf events. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to the Florida resident divisions).
- 18 Hole Golf entry fee is $70 for Florida residents and $80 for non-residents and includes an event t-shirt, greens fees and cart fees. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found with the entry forms below, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- 36 Hole Golf entry fee is $140 for Florida residents and $150 for non-residents. Competitors in 36 Hole tournament will be eligible for awards for 18 Hole and 36 Hole competitions.
- Registration will begin July 2017. All entries must be received by November 17, 2017 or register online by November 19, 2017. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 19, 2017 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
- Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and register online!
- Golfers must provide their own clubs and balls.
- Golf cart use during official competition is mandatory.
- Foursome assignments will be made by the Event Director.
- Appropriate golf attire is required. Collared shirts, non-denim slacks and golf shorts are acceptable. Soft spikes or tennis shoes are the only acceptable footwear.
PGA members may compete as long as they are not on the PGA Tour and adhere to the definition of a professional. The Florida Sports Foundation has the right to determine professional status.
- The tournament will be 18-holes and 36-holes medal play.
- Handicaps are not used.
Women’s divisions will play from the red tees on the Bayhead and Lake courses.
Men’s divisions 50-54,55-59 and 60-64 will play from the White tees on the Lake and Pine Courses.
Men’s divisions 65-69,70-74,75-79,80-84,85-89 and 90+ will play from the Green tees on the Bayhead and Pine Courses.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- Each day, prizes will be given for men and women best overall score, longest drive and closest to the pin.
- This tournament will be conducted in accordance with United States Golf Association (USGA) rules, except as modified herein.
- Local rules will also be in effect.
- Spectators are permitted on the course; however, they will be required to walk. Spectators must remain at least 25 feet away from tee boxes, fairways and greens.
- Caddies are not permitted.
- USGA rules regarding coaching will be strictly enforced.
- USGA rules regarding pace of play will be observed.
- Range finders of any type are permitted.
- In the event of a tie between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, the USGA tie-breaking procedure of matching scorecards will be implemented. The player with the best score on the last nine holes will win the higher medal. If players have the same score for the last 9 holes, the last 6 holes will be compared, then 3 holes and then finally the 18th hole.
- Dress Code: Men must wear slacks or shorts excluding denim jeans, bathing suits or trunks. Shirts must be worn at all times and must have sleeves. No cutoffs, tank-top shirts, muscle shirts or commercial tee shirts will be allowed. Appropriate mock turtleneck and turtleneck shirts are allowed. Women must wear appropriate tops, skirts, culottes or shorts excluding cut-off jeans, bathing suits and workout attire. Appropriate tops do not include halter-tops or tank tops. No personal coolers or any food or beverage products not supplied by the Resort are allowed on the course.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
2017 is not a qualifying year for the National Senior Games.
FSF Staff Contact
(727) 724-3082 ext.256