8668 Park Blvd
Seminole, FL 33777
Non-Ambulatory Mixed Doubles
Noon: All Doubles Check-in
1 p.m.: All Doubles Competition begins
3 p.m.: All Mixed Doubles Check-in
4 p.m.: All Mixed Doubles Competition begins
8 a.m.: All Singles Check-in
9 a.m.: All Singles Competition begins
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
Top 5 in each age group at a Series Qualifier site. Participants that qualify in one Bowling event are eligible for all Bowling events. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to the Florida resident divisions). Non-Ambulatory events do not require qualifying.
- Bowling entry fee is $25 for the first event and $12 for each additional event for individual and doubles events for Florida residents. Entry fee is $30 for the first event and $15 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes lanes fees and an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found with the entry forms below, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles competitors must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability for each bowler or register online.
- Registration will begin July 2017. All entries must be received by November 17, 2017 or register online by November 19, 2017. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 19, 2017 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
- Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and register online!
- Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
- Competitors are encouraged to provide their own bowling balls and shoes. House balls and shoes may be available at the competitor’s expense.
- All equipment shall meet USBC specifications. The Florida Senior Games reserves the right to inspect equipment.
- Doubles partners must be of the same gender. Mixed doubles will be one male and one female bowler.
- The age division of competition for Doubles and Mixed Doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners.
- Doubles and Mixed Doubles entrants must enter their partner’s name under the column labeled “Partners”.
- Tournament will be based on scratch scores.
- Bowlers will be placed in divisions by age and gender.
- Bowling times and lanes will be assigned by the Event Director.
- Bowlers will bowl three games. Winners are determined by total pins over three games (same lane).
- If there is a tie between any of the top 3 places, a one-game playoff will be held to determine which player receives the higher medal.
- For 4th place through 6th place, ties will be broken by the number of strikes bowled. If the score is still tied, the number of spares will decide the winner.
- There will be no tie-breaker for 7th place and below. Both competitors will receive the same place and the next place will be left open.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes, if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- This tournament will be conducted in accordance with the United States Bowling Congress (USBC) rules, except as modified herein.
- All equipment shall meet USBC specifications. The Event Director reserves the right to check equipment at any time.
- For Non-Ambulatory events, the athlete must be seated in their wheelchair or scooter for the entire duration of competition.
- For Non-Ambulatory events, an athlete must physically roll the ball or with the use of a ramp, as long as no one else or the chair itself helps project the ball down the lane. The athlete must be the one who impacts the energy needed for the ball to move down the lane.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
- All finishers placing first through fourth and all non-ambulatory participants at the 2016 Florida Senior Games shall qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games.
- Athletes must qualify in each Bowling event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2017 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
FSF Staff Contact
Registration and Forms
Whether you need to fill that last position for the season or are looking to become part of a winning crew, the Florida Sports Foundation makes it easy to find or assemble your dream team. Click below to get involved and get the ball rolling.
Note: if you are searching for a partner for sports played in doubles, simply add your player profile or look through previously added profiles—do not add a team.Find a Team Add Your Team
Find Player or Partner Add Player Seeking Team or Partner