The National Volleyball League (NVL) is actively looking to add an Intern to its team and to work from Port St Lucie, Florida at its Club Med NVL Academies facility, as well as its office in Stuart, Florida this summer.
Established in 2010, the NVL is a professional beach volleyball league built by players for all players, united in one mission: to create a sustainable future for pro beach volleyball in the U.S. Home to eight professional events in 2015, the grassroots NVL RIZE series, and the Club Med NVL Beach Volleyball Academies, the NVL is the only national platform for current professionals and players of all levels to showcase their talents and pursue their aspirations in the sport. With sand volleyball now a sanctioned high school sport and an NCAA approved women’s championship in 2016, the NVL is building the infrastructure for young players to achieve their dreams.
Office Hours & Travel:
20 to 40 hours per week including weekend NVL RIZE tournaments, and if applicable opportunity to travel with the NVL professional tour may be required. Intern will report to Partnerships & Marketing Manager, but may be asked to complete tasks supervised by other NVL Operations LLC staff and employees.
Office Duties include:
• Create NVL official documents and presentations on behalf of Partnerships & Marketing Manager and/or Chief Executives
• Assist the Partnerships & Marketing Manager with market research, prospecting, and sales initiatives
• Generate and submit marketing projects associated with NVL digital platforms.
• Assist the Operations Manager with expense reports, invoice, budget needs and event logistics such as: transportation, hotel reservations and on-site logistics.
• Perform miscellaneous office duties, errands and other activities will be assigned as necessary by NVL operations LLC. staff and employees.
Event Duties include:
• Assist with corporate hospitality, tickets, in-game promotions and other activities assigned as necessary by any NVL Operations LLC. staff member and/or employee.
• Assist in set-up and tear down of event elements and structures.
• Manage merchandise sales and distribution of any NVL marketing collateral onsite during event.
• Work to provide POP (Proof of Performances) for in-venue sponsorship elements and assist in coordinating media outlets appearances, photography and/or interviews.
• Working toward a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from a four-year college or university in business, sports administration, marketing, advertising or other related field preferred.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• Energetic and self-motivated attitude.
• Desire to build a career in sports marketing.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
• Understand Social Media and Digital Media Platforms.
• Graphic Design experienced preferred, not required.
Cover Letter & Resume
Please submit resume and cover letter in PDF format. Resumes and cover letters not submitted in proper format will not be reviewed. Please limit resume to one page containing relevant working and volunteer experience.
Documents will not only be reviewed to determine if applicant’s work experience is qualified for the position, but will be reviewed to determine if the applicant has the necessary writing skills and professionalism for this
Housing & Pay
•If offered Internship Position, the applicant will be responsible in finding their own housing in Port St Lucie, Florida or nearby city.
•This internships can be completed for academic credit only and does not include compensation. Proof of receiving academic credit will be required from University or College to ensure applicant is in good academic standing and can receive academic credit.
**If you cannot receive academic credit, your application will not be reviewed.
Please contact Christine Maleske, Partnerships & Marketing Manager at Christine@TheNVL.com with any questions.