Litter Prevention Campaign enlists the help of Florida athletes
Built around the theme, “DRIVE IT HOME… KEEP OUR PARADISE LITTER-FREE” the campaign enlists professional and amateur athletes from a variety of sports, who will appear in television and radio public service announcements, on print ads, outdoor billboards and in public appearances. Participating are professional football players representing all three of the National Football League franchises in Florida: Johnathan Cyprien, Safety, Jacksonville Jaguars; Brian Hartline, Wide Receiver, Miami Dolphins; and Mike James, Running Back, Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In addition, NASCAR Racer Scott Lagasse Jr., and PGA Tour Champion, Kenny Knox have also signed on with the campaign’s initiative. Visit www.cleanflroads.com for more information.
The campaign will encourage Floridians to:
- Set an example and dispose of trash in proper receptacles;
- Carry a litter bag in their cars;
- Never throw anything out of a car window;
- Ensure that trash receptacles are properly covered when placed outside for garbage collection;
- Secure their loads when they carry trash or loose items on top of their vehicles; and embrace small changes, such as picking up one piece of litter a day